Coffee, as we know it, helps us to start our day by providing us a boost in our energy. We generally know that the caffeine helps to give us that boost. Apart from that, most of us are not aware of other associated benefits of drinking coffee.
It not only helps us in providing a kick start to our days, but also helps us in many other ways. For example, it reduces the risk of certain diseases and also helps to keep our body in shape.
So without further ado, let’s have a look at some of the health benefits of coffee.
Benefits of Drinking Coffee Daily
- Coffee contains caffeine, the substance that gives us a boost to our energy levels. How, you ask? Once consumed, caffeine is dissolved into our blood and goes to the brain. There it blocks adenosine which results in highly functioning neurons and this helps us increase our energy levels.
- Studies have shown that caffeine present in coffee can actually increase the metabolic rate in our body up to 11%. By increasing the metabolic rate, caffeine actually helps us burn a lot of unwanted body fat.
- This caffeine not only helps us to wake up in a jiffy, but also helps to increase our physical strength. Caffeine also helps to increase the level of Adrenaline in our blood which gives us an extra level of energy for a tough task.
- It contains some essential nutrients for our body like riboflavin, pantothenic acid, minerals like Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium etc. Though these ingredients are common in our daily diet, the presence of these nutrients in coffee helps a great deal.
- It helps to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown that people who drink coffee daily actually have 30-50% less chance of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Alzheimer’s disease, which results in dementia, has no known cure to this date. But drinking coffee regularly can reduce your risk of developing this disease. Research and studies have found that people who drink coffee regularly are 65% less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease when compared to people who don’t drink it at all.
- Parkinson’s disease is another curse for us. It also does not have any known cure as of now, but studies show that regular coffee drinkers have a 32-60% less chance of developing this condition.
- One of the most vital organs in our body includes the liver and there’s a dangerous condition called the cirrhosis of liver. But studies revealed that people who drink more than 4 cups of coffee everyday have an 80% lower risk of developing this problem.
- It was observed in a study that people who drink coffee regularly have a 40% less chance of having liver cancer and 15% lower chance of having colorectal cancer.
- Though not yet scientifically proven, it is believed that drinking coffee reduces the risk of heart disease and a stroke.
- Antioxidants are an important substance in our daily diet and coffee alone supplies a lot of this good stuff. In fact, in the western world, due to the huge consumption of coffee, it has become the biggest supplier of antioxidants to our body.
Now that you are aware of the many health benefits that coffee offers, you can educate others. But a piece of advice, don’t over drink, as it may lead to other complications.
If you don’t like drinking it, you can still use coffee grounds for a whole range of benefits.